Here you can find out more about the what each profile level means.
By tapping on the info button you can read a general description of what the current level you are at is enough for, and what you can understand. You can come across descriptions for 6 levels.
These descriptions are subordinated to the following points:
1. 1 – 8: You can understand several everyday expressions and know how to use them. You know basic phrases which can help you satisfy your specific needs. You are capable of simple interaction with people who speak slowly, clearly, and who are willing to help.
2. 8 – 15: You can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to their primary use (for example basic information about yourself, your family, shopping, location, job). You can communicate in basic everyday situations, where you need to communicate basic and direct information.You can use simple structures of language to tell about your background, your smaller environment and basic needs. TOOLS, you can talk about your own background, your close environment and your basic needs.
3. 15 – 25: You can understand the most important pieces of information in clear, standard texts about familiar topics and common situations, for example work, school and free time. You can deal with most situations when travelling abroad. You can write simple, coherent texts in familiar topics, or topics you are interested in. You can write about your experiences, dreams, hopes, ambitions and also briefly explain different viewpoints and plans.
4. 25 – 35: You can understand complex, factual or abstract texts, including talks about your own profession. You can interact fluently and naturally with a native speaker and participate in a conversation which is not tiring for either person. You can write clear and detailed texts in various topics and you can tell your opinion on a specific topic with elaborating on its pros and cons.
5. 35 – 50: You can understand various, longer and more complex texts and also understand their implied message. You can express yourself fluently and naturally without thinking too much about what expressions to use. You can use language effectively and flexibly for interaction, study and also for professional purposes. You can write clear, well-worded texts in more complex topics, while using different structures, conjunctions and tools of cohesion consistently.
6. 50 – until the end: You can understand nearly all spoken or written language without difficulty. You can easily summarise information from various spoken or written sources and also recall the arguments and stories. You can express yourself naturally and fluently and also differentiate between slight differences in meaning, even in more complex situations.